About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
I am a teacher and coach at Westbury Christian School. I am married to the the wonderful Shara Martin, and have two of the greatest children, Evelyn Rose-2yrs, and Jackson-6 months

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Day Has Arrived

Well the day has arrived. I will leave at 4:30pm this afternoon from Houston and arrive in Warsaw Poland at 9:15am tomorrow morning. It will be a wacky difference with the time change, but I am a morning person so I am sure I will adjust.
I am nervous and anxious. I am going to be gone for 10 days and I will really miss my family. I have the greatest family in the world. I have a loving, caring, and supportive wife; two of the greatest children ever. Last night, Evelyn and I fell asleep watching Dora the Explorer. What a great last night together. I know it is only 10 days but it will be a long 10 days. However, I know God will comfort my heart and my family’s heart as well. I am going to get to share the Gospel with other people and that gives me great satisfaction. I am aware of the difference God has made in my life, and now I have the opportunity to share that with other people. What a blessing!
I am not sure how I will be able to communicate with my family while I am gone. Not sure about the international cell phone thing and I am not taking my computer. I do know that I will be praying for them and I feel assured the will feel that love from across the Atlantic. Communication through prayer does not need an international plan, long distance plan, facebook or skype. Communication through prayer is more reliable than anything we have, there is never a dropped prayer and you will always have a signal. God will be listening and he is always available. I will find comfort through prayer.
Well, this will be my last post until I return. I look forward to sharing with you the experience of Poland when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment