About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
I am a teacher and coach at Westbury Christian School. I am married to the the wonderful Shara Martin, and have two of the greatest children, Evelyn Rose-2yrs, and Jackson-6 months

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Poland

I am a week away from my big adventure. I am leaving next week to go to Poland. I will be conducting a basketball camp in Poland as a ministry of Athletes in Action. Athletes in Action is a ministry organization that uses sports to take the word of God to other countries. I am excited, anxious, nervous and apprehensive. I have never been much of a traveler, so this is a big step.
Since being at Westbury Christian I have seen and heard the result of many mission trips. I know people who have gone to Honduras, Haiti, and China. They have shared with me the life changing results of these trips. I have always wanted to take part in a mission trip, but have never felt comfortable with the idea. I had decided that my mission field was right here in Houston and I was not cut out for foreign missions. That was my excuse anyway. The real reason is probably the level of apprehension I have for being away from home. In my heart I knew I wanted to do it, but I didn’t fell like I could. I can relate a lot to Moses in this circumstance; God continued to choose Moses yet he never felt like he could do it. This spring I decided I was going to do it, and what better way then through basketball.
There are a few things I have a passion for; my family, my relationship with the Holy Spirit, and basketball. Athletes in Action provided the best opportunity for me to share the word of God and teach basketball at the same time. I will have the chance to conduct and share what I know about the game and my love of Christ. I couldn’t ask for a better situation to get involved in foreign ministry. It doesn’t change the level of apprehension or nervousness, but I more comfortable because of basketball. Referring back to Moses; God aided Moses as he made excuses by sending Aaron as well to speak to the people on behalf of God and Moses. I think in my case basketball is my Aaron. I love teaching basketball, I love being around the game; so using it as the tool to get Poland and share God’s word is exciting.
Please pray for the trip and that lives will be affected. I know of one life that has already been effected-mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment