About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
I am a teacher and coach at Westbury Christian School. I am married to the the wonderful Shara Martin, and have two of the greatest children, Evelyn Rose-2yrs, and Jackson-6 months

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Roles

Ok, I know it gets old, but I am going to write about camp again today. I want to share some observations I have made over the last few days. I have always been a team player; I like being on a team and being a part of a team. I like all the things about team, but I am human and every team I was ever on I wanted to be the star. Today as I watched camp and watched the campers work, I saw a lot of different levels of talent. I thought some were good and some were bad, but I could not discount the fact that all were trying their best. Some of the campers will get a chance to be stars, some will only get to be a part of their team, and some might not even make their teams. It seems tragic in a way, but I thought to myself the great thing about any team is everyone gets to play a role, and everyone has a unique talent. There is no doubt that everyone in camp is talented at something. The hard part is discerning my talent, and then accepting my role based on that talent. Some can score, some can rebound, some can defend, some bring energy, and some can simple bring a joke and a smile. There is a role for everyone on some team.
God gives all a measure of talent. What we do with the talent is the important thing. God made sure all of us were needed for something. What a great blessing! We all get to be a part of God’s team, and we all are assigned a role to play. We have to learn and embrace our role. God gave us a full measure of talent; we are responsible for giving the full measure of that talent to His team. Sometimes the role can seem small but to God it is important. Others might even discount our role on the team, but to God we are the most important player. God is the greatest coach. He makes us all feel important and let’s us know through His love that we make a difference in the success of the team.
I love the idea of team. I love being on God’s team. My role on His team is important because he tells me so through the Bible. He has given me an assignment. I want to accept the assignment and work so hard to make the team the greatest team on earth. Sometimes I am going to fail Him and the team, but God keeps putting me back in the game. He never loses faith in me, and He never gives up for me. Like I said, I always wanted to be the star, and God always makes me feel like the star. He loves me unconditionally. By making me feel so important, I continue to work hard for His team, and the best part is He becomes the star and His glory will shine.

1 comment: