About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
I am a teacher and coach at Westbury Christian School. I am married to the the wonderful Shara Martin, and have two of the greatest children, Evelyn Rose-2yrs, and Jackson-6 months

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our Big Adventure

Today is the day. It is a day that I spent a lot of time thinking about. I have both dreaded it and rejoiced in the day. It is the day that my family-yes, all four of us-will be traveling to Alabama. Now that doesn’t sound like a big deal but we are not flying we are driving. I can hear the gasps and laughs now. We have rented a mini-van (which I swore I would never be that person) and we plan to load up an leave Houston tonight for a 10 hour trip. Like I said, I am both nervous and excited. It will definitely be an adventure. Here is the time for all those that know me place bets on how far we will get in this trip. Some at work have said-all the way, Baton Rouge, Beaumont, and to the end of my neighborhood.
We are going to travel with my wife, myself and Evelyn-2, and Jackson-6 months. We have packed every conceivable form of entertainment. We have every Nick Jr. movie made in last year. We have a cooler packed with snacks and drinks. We have pillows, diapers, and a massive amount of wipes. You can never have enough wipes. We rented the car (I cannot say mini-van) yesterday. The rental guy and my wife inspected the outside for any damage, I laughed, because the damage is going to be on the inside. It will be a minor miracle if it comes back with no stains, no torn fabric, and in perfect working order. I guess the joke will be on him.
I am definitely making light of the trip. I am very excited. I will get to see my parents and more importantly they will get to see my children. I have always known that my parents were proud of me, but I cannot wait for them to see my children and see what kind of parent I have become. They have heard stories on the phone, but it will be different in person. This will be the first time they have met Jackson. I am proud of my children and care for them deeply and I know my parents will be proud of them as well.
There is no greater feeling than showing off your children. I love to show mine off. I think God feels the same way about us. We see examples in the Bible, especially with guys like David, Job, and others, of how God feels about his children. I hope as a child of God I can make him proud. I want him to show me off. I want to be labeled as His, “good and faithful servant.” I want to make God proud. I think if we keep that in mind it will helps us as we go about everyday life. We can ask ourselves, “Would God be proud of me?” Well, we are a few hours away from the big trip. I will give an update on how far

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts! My best road trip was wih the Suttons, minus Reed!

    ReplyDelete