About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
I am a teacher and coach at Westbury Christian School. I am married to the the wonderful Shara Martin, and have two of the greatest children, Evelyn Rose-2yrs, and Jackson-6 months

Friday, May 21, 2010

Seniors 2009-2010

What a great time of the year. Tonight is our graduation and it will a time of celebration and joy. Those who are graduating will put behind them the high school years and begin the next chapter of their journey. I am very excited for those seniors who played basketball for me. They have been a great group that I am looking forward to following in their college careers and beyond.
We will be graduating 6 seniors (players) from our 2009-2010 team. Justin Foreman will continue his development at a prep school in Nevada. Nick Leonard will be going on to Baylor where he will no doubt do really well. Nick Shepherd will be playing basketball and continuing his education at Long Beach State. Anthony Brancato is going to Lubbock Christian. Ashton Fontenot will play football at Clark-Atlanta. Duke Phillips will get a chance to be a student athlete on the basketball team at Faulkner University. All have received scholarships of some value, and will benefit from a great college education at little or no cost to their families.
We also graduate three student coaches, Jon Scott-University of Texas, Elvan Young- University of Houston, and Eduardo Perme. I am proud of them all but I would say I am the most proud of Eduardo. Eduardo has some disabilities but has worked through high school and will graduate tonight. Eduardo is a great kid, with a great spirit. We have benefited by his presence. I am going to miss him the most. I am so excited to see what he becomes and I pray we have made an impact.
As excited as I am about their futures, I pray we have made a difference in their lives. We have tried to teach them to be servant leaders, give great effort-work hard, and put others ahead of themselves. I will not forget them, and I really don’t care if they forget me along as they don’t forget the lessons. The lessons are more important than those teaching them. I know they will do great, but I want them to great husbands, great fathers, and great men.

No comments:

Post a Comment