About Me

My photo
Houston, TX
I am a teacher and coach at Westbury Christian School. I am married to the the wonderful Shara Martin, and have two of the greatest children, Evelyn Rose-2yrs, and Jackson-6 months

Friday, May 28, 2010

We Made It!

We made it. We made the trip. We were successful. We left Wednesday at 9:00pm and we arrived in Birmingham, Alabama at 8:00am. There were only a few minor hiccups. Evelyn got sick in Baton Rouge, so we had to stop for a clean p break. Other than that we made good time and the kids slept the whole way. Now we have to only make it back on Monday.
Once we arrived, my wife and kids went with my mom and I went to spend one day in Montgomery to visit friends. I met my friends Emily, Melissa, and Rob. It was so good to see them and to catch up. We were great friends in college. We did everything together and after 12 years it was great to see that things have not changed much.
Emily is married and has a 15 year old stepson. She is a teacher in Alexander City. She is a great teacher. You can tell she has a real passion for what she does. Through the course of dinner she would talk about her students and school, which shows how much she likes her students and her job. She seems to be a great step mom as well. I am so proud of her.
Melissa and Rob are doing great. They have two beautiful children. You can tell how proud they are of them. They are a great couple; they have been married for 10 years. They shared stories and we laughed. We laughed a lot.
We spent most of the night sharing old stories and some new ones. We had a lot of fun. It is so great to see the maturity in all of us. We are all married and we all have kids. We are older, and we seem to be wiser than we once were. It is fun to remember yet recognize and celebrate growth. I hope we all keep growing. I hope that when we see each other again, that nothing changes. Everyone was so happy. I am proud of them and I love them.
Well, I will finish my journey today as I head to beautiful Lake Guntersville. Wish me luck.

1 comment: